LuxFLAG Sustainable Finance Webinar - 25 June 2020
The second session of the LuxFLAG Sustainable Finance Webinar series will be hosted in collaboration with the Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) on 25 June.
''Using and improving ESG data to measure ESG performance''
Renewed interest in sustainable finance has put ESG into the spotlight. The terms "ESG" and "sustainability" are often used interchangeably, though a company with a higher ESG score is not necessarily more sustainable than one with a lower score. In this webinar we delve more deeply into why and how ESG data are used or provided by different entities, including in asset management, research, data analytics, and institutional investors.
- Cinzia Prometti, Senior Corporate Social Responsibility Officer, European Investment Bank
- Dr. François Koulischer, Department of Finance, University of Luxembourg
- Laura Alabarracin, Vice President ISS ESG/Product Management
- Dr. Abraham Lioui, Professor, Co-Director, Scientific Beta Advanced Factor & ESG Investing Research Chair, EDHEC Business School
- Dr. Claudia Hitaj, Research & Technology Associate, Luxembourg Institute of Science & Technology
The webinar aims to cover practical implications of ESG data, as well as measurement tools and reporting, including:
- A researcher's assessment: Disparities in ESG ratings across vendors and mixed findings on the market impact of ESG on firms' value
- A life-cycle perspective: Can the ESG concept be expanded to incorporate impacts along companies' supply chains?
- Using ESG data to advise investors and companies
- What aspects of the European Investment Bank's activities flow into its ESG assessment by external rating agencies?
To register, please click here.